Further to your involvement with Healthwatch South Tees in 2023, I am delighted to inform you that the Healthwatch South Tees STAR Awards 2024 are now open for your nominations. As well as maybe submitting a nomination yourself, please share amongst your colleagues and friends.
We believe those who make a positive difference and go that extra mile to help others in the health and care sector should be recognised. Our awards aim to celebrate those who make a difference to the people they support and their communities as well as the opportunity to share good practice across South Tees.
Who can be nominated?
- NOMINATIONS SHOULD RELATE TO HEALTH AND CARE SERVICES ONLY WITHIN THE SOUTH TEES AREA. (We recognise and acknowledge the good work that takes place in local communities by organisations, services and individuals however, nominations for STAR Awards can only be accepted for those who specifically contribute to the health and social care of people across South Tees).
- An individual, team, department, organisation or service.
- A professional or volunteer.
- An NHS, public or voluntary sector service.
- A nomination can be submitted, based on your own experience, or someone you know.
Who can nominate?
Anyone can submit a nomination, based on their own experience, or someone they know.
How can you nominate?
- Telephone: 0800 118 169 (please leave a message and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours).
- Text: 077451288789
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website nomination submission, guidelines and further information – healthwatchmiddlesbrough or healthwatchredcarandcleveland
If anyone requires any assistance in completing a nomination form, please get in touch with us via the contact details above and we can meet in person or over the telephone.
What are the categories?
- Care & Compassion Award – People who demonstrate a responsive, flexible, kind and respectful approach in the support offered within a health or care service.
- Excelling in Support to Others Award – People who have changed the way care is given by being creative or filling a gap in support as a result of responding to feedback from service users, relatives and staff to enhance experiences.
- Making a Difference – Volunteer Award – People who volunteer their time within a health or care service, offering care and support to make a positive difference to people in our community.
- Valued Service Award – Any valued health or care services in the community.
- Leading the Way for Change Award – Services who have identified and filled a gap that has had a positive impact on those they support.
- Community Innovator Award – Services who have developed new ways of working to better meet the needs of the communities they support.
When is the closing date?
Nominations can be made until midnight on Sunday 3 March 2024.
When will we know the results?
All nominees will be announced at the STAR Awards Ceremony at the Riverside Stadium on Wednesday 24 April 2024.
Who are the 2023 winners?
We have also produced a poster, which is attached (including a QR code) for you to print and display in an area used by the public and patients. This is also avaiablbe in different languages. Please contact us to request one.
Please promote and circulate this opportunity with your distribution lists, family, friends, colleagues, social media and ebulletins. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me on the number below.
Published: January 22