At HeadStart we are passionate about all things wellbeing and in a school setting this must also include teachers and all staff. When we take time to look after our own physical, mental and emotional health we are able to better look after others but there are only so many hours in the day right?! Remember to try and put YOU on your to do list!
HeadStart has delivered staff wellbeing sessions about Managing Stress and Self Care to several schools to promote discussion and be reminded about some useful self-care management tools to look after their own wellbeing.
Feedback from staff who have attended the sessions:
- ‘I found the well-being session both informative and up lifting. It’s so easy to get lost in the daily grind and put yourself last and it’s reassuring to know that you’re not alone in feeling overwhelmed at times. The job is extremely intense and I for one often struggle with the relentlessness of it. It was good for all of us to just stop and reflect and think about what our priorities are.
- ‘I would be really grateful for more sessions around this theme and took a lot away from the session.’
- ‘I found the part about the stress bucket very helpful and identifying healthier ways to manage stress.’
- ‘It was a really useful session. I loved the bucket idea and how we need a ‘tap’. It made me think deeply about myself and others around me – how to help.’
- ‘I found it really helpful and actually quite reassuring that I am not alone in my ‘bucket’ filling! Nicola was so calming and made me feel relaxed about it all.’
Published: March 20