HeadStart partnered with Westgarth Primary School this academic year and what an incredible first term it has been. HeadStart recognise life is busy and as a teacher and mental health lead the need to reflect on what has been achieved is vital. Westgarth here is your reflection. Since becoming partners with HeadStart your school has:
- Held 2 HeadStart and TEWV consultations and discussed several cases in need of emotional wellbeing support.
- Brought in HeadStart to deliver targeted support to pupils with low confidence and self-esteem – Super You!
- The Lead attended the Getting Help Event to learn more about the services in your school community.
- 12 pupils in Year 5 are working with HeadStart to become HeadStarters and this week they will achieve their Bronze Award.
- The HeadStarters attended the first South Tees HeadStarter Network and met the Mayor!
- Both Leads attended the Academic Resilience Approach Training delivered by HeadStart.
- Organised further intervention work to start in the Spring Term.
Outstanding work Westgarth Primary School especially the commitment from the Mental Health Leads.
Published: December 18